The costs of education and how to plan for it with a CET Plan
This Calculator is a tool intended for planning purposes only. It is not a full explanation of the CET RESP. Before making an investment decision, you must consult our Prospectus for full disclosure about the CET RESP, including all applicable fees.
* assumes the Beneficiary attends post-secondary at age 18
** SOURCE: Statistics Canada Table 1 - Average undergraduate tuition fees for Canadian full-time students, by province published September 16, 2011
- Tuition Fees Source - Statistics Canada Table 1 - Average undergraduate tuition fees for Canadian full-time students, by province published September 16, 2011
- Tuition Fees Increase Rates Source- Statistics Canada Table 1 - Average undergraduate tuition fees for Canadian full-time students, by province published September 16, 2011
- Living Expenses Sources
- The Canadian Campus Companion Book by Erin Millar and Ben Coli published in 2011 Page 160 - "Two Sample Student Budgets" table
- OSAP website - Tuition and Living Costs Page (2011)
- University Admission websites - Queen's University, Simon Fraser University, University of Alberta, University of Saskatchewan, McGill University (2011)
- Living Expense Increase Rate Source - Consumer Price Index from Statistics Canada. (published January 20, 2012)
*** Income on Grants is based on 5% per annum for illustrative purposes. Return of net savings and EAPs is for illustrative purposes and presumes that the beneficiary will qualify to receive 3 EAPs in a 4-year program at the previous year's EAP amount at the desired number of units. Government grants plus growth are shown for illustrative purposes and assumes that the beneficiary has met the Federal Government's qualification criteria to receive basic Canada Education Savings Grant. Always consult the Prospectus prior to making an investment decision for further important details regarding all aspects of the Plan. Past performance does not guarantee or predict future results. Please consult the Plan's Prospectus for full fee disclosure.
**** Discretionary payments are not guaranteed. You should not count on receiving a discretionary payment. The Foundation decides if it will make a payment in any year and how much the payment will be. The Foundation may use available enhancement funds to supplement EAPs and fund return of sales charges. If it exercises its discretion to use funds in this manner, such supplemental funds will be applied in good faith and consistent with the Foundation's stated mandate of providing financial assistance to Beneficiaries in order to encourage and promote the advancement of higher education.