1. We will maintain control over all personal information that we collect from you.
2. When we collect personal information from you, we will tell you the reason why we need it.
3. We will not collect personal information from you without obtaining your consent to do so.
4. We will limit personal information that we collect from you to what is actually needed by us to serve you properly.
5. We disclose personal information to Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC), Canada Revenue Agency, Revenu Quebec and any other government body necessary for the purposes of administering your CET Plan(s), and to otherwise comply with legal and regulatory requirements. We only disclose the information that is reasonably necessary for you to obtain the benefits of your RESP. Certain personal information on file may be shared with the custodial parent of a beneficiary of an RESP. We may provide your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, to an investigative body or as required by applicable Canadian or other law. We may also disclose personal information where necessary for the enforcement or protection of our legal rights, to investigate or prevent loss or harm to persons or property, or as otherwise permitted by law.
6. Except as set out above, we will not otherwise sell, transfer or disclose any of your personal information to any third party without your knowledge and consent unless required or permitted by law.
7. We will update your personal information from time to time in order to ensure that it is accurate, complete and current for the purposes that we use it for.
8. We maintain reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards in an effort to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure of personal information in our custody and control. We will maintain the strict confidentiality of all personal information collected, and will only disclose such information to employees and authorized contractors of CEFI who require such information for the purposes set out above. We will keep your personal information for as long as it remains necessary or relevant for the purposes stated above or as otherwise required by law. Even after you cease to be a subscriber in one or more of the CET Plans, we keep some information about you on file in order to meet certain ongoing legal requirements.
9. We will keep you advised about how we manage and use your personal information.
10. We will respond promptly to any written questions or concerns that you may have relating to the accuracy, completeness or currency of your personal information, or if you have any questions with respect to the practices and procedures that we use to manage your personal information.
11. If you have any questions, concerns or complaints about your personal information, or about any of our privacy policies, practices or procedures, we encourage you to contact us as follows:
Chief Privacy Officer
The Children's Educational Foundation of Canada
c/o Children's Education Funds Inc.
3221 North Service Road
Burlington, Ontario L7N 3G2
Tel: (905) 331-8377
Fax: (905) 331-9977