Investing in your child’s future has never been more important.
With children going back to school, now is the perfect time to start thinking about saving for your child’s post-secondary education!
Looking for some guidance? Contact us today to get your child’s RESP started.
For a limited time only, we’re offering a $30 Toys R’ Us gift card when you open a new plan! Terms and conditions apply (see below). Get started by requesting a consultation.
Request a consultation
Why Choose CEFI?
- For 24 years in a row, the CET Group Option Plan has proudly paid the highest 1st Scholarships compared to other national group scholarship plans!1
- Over $1 billion in assets under management for the Children’s Education Trust Plans!2
- Over $103 million in payments from the CET Plans paid from our RESPs in 2020!3
- Earn Air Miles Reward Miles on contributions into all of our RESPs!
Copyright © 2021 Children’s Education Funds Inc. All Rights Reserved, ® TM Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under licence by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Children’s Education Funds Inc.
¹CEFI has compared the first Scholarship payments on a per unit basis from the Children’s Education Trust of Canada Group Option Plan to the comparable first scholarship payments of other nationally available group scholarship plans through publicly available financial statements and prospectus documents at www.sedar.com. On the basis of this comparison, CEFI has determined that the Children’s Education Trust of Canada Group Option Plan has paid the highest first Scholarship payments per unit to beneficiaries from 1997 to 2020 inclusive. Past performance is not a guarantee of future performance.
² See the Foundation’s most recent interim financial statements dated December 31st, 2020.
Access a copy here.
3 Total 2020 payments to Canadian Families includes return of net Contributions at plans’ maturity and total Education Assistance Payments paid to beneficiaries as reported in the Statement of Changes in Net Assets Attributable to Subscribers and Beneficiaries in our 2020 Annual Audited Financial Statements available here.
Learn More About Our Plans
Group Option Plan
Designed for investors who value protection of principal and are disciplined, committed savers.
Set your own Plan Contribution Target!
Enrol at any age.
Self-Initiated Option Plan
For investors who are seeking a flexible, individual RESP option.
Terms and Conditions
What is the Offer?
For a limited time, Children’s Education Funds Inc. (“CEFI”) is presenting new subscribers, who accept this Offer of a $30 “Toys R Us gift card” when they open a Children’s Education Trust (“CET”) RESP between September 10, 2021 and October 15, 2021 (the “Offer Period”), and make a contribution of their desired amount that meets the initial minimum contribution*.
The CET RESPs include the Group Option Plan, the Achievers Plan and the Self-Initiated Option Plan.
Who is Eligible for the Offer?
An “eligible subscriber” is an individual who has not previously opened an RESP administered by CEFI for their beneficiary at any time prior to this offer. Increasing contributions into an existing RESP are not eligible for this Offer. This Offer is not available to residents of Quebec.
What Steps are needed to Receive the Gift Card?
In order to be eligible for the Toys R Us Gift Card promotion, eligible subscribers need to follow each of the following steps:
- Request a Consultation by Completing the online form above. In order to be eligible to receive the Offer, you need to complete the Request a Consultation form.
- Schedule an appointment (either via videoconference or in person) with a CEFI dealing representative.
- Complete an application to open an RESP* for a new beneficiary who is a legal resident of Canada and who meet the CET RESP’s age requirements (if applicable) and has not been named as a beneficiary in any CET RESPs at any time prior to this Offer.
- Start to contribute the required amount to the RESP. A minimum contribution amount applies*.
- Be a legal resident of Canada (except for Quebec) and have reached the age of majority in the province/territory in which they reside at the start time of the Offer Period; and
- Accept the additional conditions set out below.
When does this Offer end?
This Offer expires at 12:00 p.m. on October 15, 2021 (the “Offer Expiry Time”) and the initial RESP contribution must be received in full before 11:59 p.m. on October 22, 2021.
When Should I Expect to Receive the Gift Card?
The Toys R Us gift card will be emailed to the eligible subscriber, who qualifies for this Offer by completing the steps described above, approximately 60-80 days after the RESP is opened as applicable in the described circumstances
What Happens if I Make a Mistake or Typo in my Email Address?
The Toys R Us gift card will be emailed to the email address that is recorded on the enrolment application. Please ensure that the email address provided is accurate as CEFI is not responsible for lost gift cards or gift cards that are sent to an incorrect email address
Can I Qualify for More than One (1) Gift Card?
Possibly – multiple Toys R Us gift cards are available if at the time of opening a plan all of the following apply:
- The subscriber opens multiple plans each with a new (different) beneficiary named in the plan and makes a contribution of their desired amount that meets the initial minimum contribution*.
There is a limit of one Toys R Us Gift Card per new RESP beneficiary that meets the requirements of this Offer.
1) All the steps set out above need to be met by the subscriber in order to qualify to receive the Toys R Us gift card. All contributions to the RESP must be made through a Canadian Banking Institution and be from an account held in the name of the subscriber to the plan no later than October 22, 2021. If the required contribution is not made by this date or if all the steps set out above are not followed by the subscriber, then the Toys R Us gift card will not be sent.
2) CEFI reserves the right to exercise its sole and absolute discretion to withdraw, terminate, suspend or modify the Offer in whole or in part, or to vary, delete or add to any of these Terms and Conditions at any time and from time to time without prior notice, whether or not the decision is to rectify an error or mistake made by CEFI, or some event has occurred that renders continuing the Offer, as currently designed, either impractical or imprudent.
CEFI reserves the right to exercise an absolute discretion to end the Offer earlier or to extend the Offer Period. The eligible subscriber acknowledges that any discretionary decision by CEFI authorized by these Terms and Conditions is not subject to judicial or other kind of review.
3) CEFI reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to suspend, disqualify, limit or revoke this Offer to any subscriber, potential subscriber or customer that it finds or believes to be manipulating or otherwise abusing the process, fairness, or integrity of the Offer.
4) In the event or to the extent that these Terms and Conditions are inconsistent with any other communication, advertisement, or statement (a “Message”) from CEFI, these Terms and Conditions will supersede all other Messages.
5) By indicating to CEFI your interest in accepting this Offer, you agree that you have read and understood these Terms and Conditions and you agree to be bound by them. Any subsequent notice published by CEFI that relates to this Offer is deemed to be provided on the day it is posted on CEFI’s website https://www.cefi.ca/.
The CET Registered Education Savings Plans are only sold by Prospectus.
CEFI is the exclusive distributor of the CET Registered Education Savings Plans.
*The minimum contribution is at least $25/month (monthly contribution) or an one-time/initial contribution of $500. RESPs that consist solely of a Canada Learning Bond are not eligible for this Offer.